Dr. Cook received his Bachelor of Arts degree in Mathematics from the University of Vermont where he was captain of the cross country team, the ski team and the track team. He graduated Summa Cum Laude from Ohio State University where he earned his Doctor of Dental Surgery degree. He was inducted into Omicron Kappa Upsilon National Dental Honor Society and upon graduation became a clinical instructor at the OSU College of Dentistry. Dr. Cook went on to pursue his orthodontic degree at Indiana University School of Dentistry. While there, he performed extensive research on the effects of spring design on tooth movement and received his orthodontic and masters degrees in 1976.
Dr. Cook continues to be a leader in the field of orthodontics.
- He has been a frequent lecturer, sharing his orthodontic expertise at dental study clubs and dental offices throughout the state.
- He was a founder of the Down East Dental Seminars study group.
- He Guest lectured at the University of San Francisco Dental School.
- He was past president of both the Maine Association of Orthodontists and the Kennebec Valley Dental Society.
- He has been a member of the executive council of the Maine Dental Association.
He currently is an active member of:
- The American Association of Orthodontists
- The American Dental Association
- The Maine Dental Association
- The Maine Association of Orthodontists
- The Kennebec Valley Dental Association
Dr. Cook is also very active in the community as a board member of the Maranacook Education Foundation and past president of the Ladd Recreation Center. He has been a youth soccer and ski coach.
He and his wife, Jan, have two children, Jeni who is a physical therapist and Brian who is in his last year of orthodontic residency. In his spare time, Dr. Cook enjoys golfing and skiing with his family. His other interests include working outdoors and creating in his wood shop.