Dr. Thomas Cook has been practicing orthodontics in Augusta Maine since 1976. He completed his orthodontic residency at Indiana University School of Dentistry. Prior to his orthodontic residency, he received his Bachelor of Arts degree in Mathematics from the University of Vermont where he was captain of the cross country team, the ski team and the track team. He graduated Summa Cum Laude from Ohio State University where he earned his Doctor of Dental Surgery degree. He was inducted into Omicron Kappa Upsilon National Dental Honor Society and upon graduation became a clinical instructor at the OSU College of Dentistry.
Dr. Cook continues to be a leader in the field of orthodontics.
- He has been a frequent lecturer, sharing his orthodontic expertise at dental study clubs and dental offices throughout the state.
- He was a founder of the Down East Dental Seminars study group.
- He lectured at the University of San Francisco Dental School.
- He is a past president of both the Maine Association of Orthodontists and the Kennebec Valley Dental Society.
- He has been a member of the executive council of the Maine Dental Association.
He currently is an active member of:
- The American Association of Orthodontists
- The American Dental Association
- The Maine Dental Association
- The Maine Association of Orthodontists
- The Kennebec Valley Dental Association
Dr. Cook is also very active in the community as a board member of the Maranacook Education Foundation and past president of the Ladd Recreation Center. He has been a youth soccer and ski coach.
He and his wife, Jan, have two children, Jeni who is a physical therapist and Brian who is better known around the office as Dr. C! In his spare time, Dr. Cook enjoys playing golf and skiing with his family. His interests include working in his yard and building furniture in his wood shop.